Thursday, September 3, 2015

Fallacies You Should Not Believe

Perennial ground cover "Potentilla" as it takes
over a garden bed.


I can manage an invasive plant so it won’t take over my gardens.  

Over-the-counter medicines don’t have any side effects. 

Garden/field chemicals aren’t strong enough to hurt humans.

There’s no learning curve.

I’m going to plant a wild flower garden to eliminate work.

I’m laughing with you not at you.

Life is just a bowl of cherries.

The government will take care of me.

Chemical insect killers only target the bugs I don’t want.

Cute baby animals grow up to be cute adult animals.
I needed thick leather gloves to pull these "Horse Nettles" 

I’ll pull that weed tomorrow.

The rain doesn’t fall on the same dog’s bum every time.

Gardening is not an addiction.

If I had your money, I’d be happy, too.

I’ll water my pots tomorrow.

New cars are sporty, beautiful and will be classics.

They have all the bugs worked out.

We don’t need no Ed U kay Shun.

This is a sure-fire way to make your yard bug free.
 
My folks' headstone

I’ll see you as-soon-as I get some time.

This plant is guaranteed to produce more than any other plant EVER.

If it’s on the Internet, it’s true.

This plant is guaranteed to have fifty different colors all at once.

Electronics makes our life simpler.

You can eat that insect.

We will become a paperless society.
 
"Praying Mantis" hanging around being a good bug.
The only good bug is a dead bug.

You will not be sucker punched if you learn to tolerate evil.

We only had one mouse in the house this fall.

It’s PERFECT!

I’ve built up a tolerance to poison ivy.

I can’t afford to insulate my house.

This year’s weather is unique.

I have it all done.
Washing up after preserving tomatoes.

Preserving vegetables is quick and easy.

I can do it myself.

If I whisper, the kids won’t know what I’m saying.

All you have to do is teach your children to love broccoli. 

Mom will understand if I don’t visit.

It’s my body and I have the right to do whatever I want.

This hose is guaranteed not to kink.

Somebody else will do it.

Holidays are too commercial so we shouldn’t buy anything for anyone.

It’s all about the bass. 

You can’t trust anyone in authority.

It’s stress free.

My kids/grandkids would never do THAT.

Cheap garden pruners are as good as more expensive pruners.

I can’t do anything about it.

I’m only going to pull one weed.

I didn’t have time to get my spouse something for our anniversary.

Hard work never hurt anybody.

We’ll fix the roof next year.

Women don’t really like to get flowers.

If you build it, they will come.
 
2009 Spring floods
I’m singin’ in the rain.

They’re too old to learn.

One of these days I’m going to take cookies to my neighbors.

My business failed because of everything and everyone but me.

If I had that barn, I wouldn’t let it fall down.

I can decorate my entire house and yard from looking at Pinterest.

It’s as easy as pie.

Teachers, police, firefighters and soldiers are over paid.

Dogs and cats are more work than they’re worth.

Big boys don’t cry.

Our government only funds worthy programs.

The new hybrid plants are superior to old varieties.

I don’t gossip, I’m just concerned.

We don’t make enough to have a retirement plan.
 
Neighbor combining beans.
Farmers should stay off the roads.

Better to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I’ll put my savings into planting walnut trees.

No one will see me in my garden clothes if I run to the store for one thing.

I’d never do that.

It’s as cheap to do organic, as it is to do it traditional.

I only hit my wife/girlfriend when she needs it.

A skunk won’t spray you if you’re quiet.

I never did that when I was a kid.

If I post a video of me doing something stupid, then it makes me cool.

Bigger is better.

That plant just needs a little water to recover.

My hands aren’t dirty.

I can nurse that plant back to healthy.

They’ll get over it.

 There’s always tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment