Friday, October 19, 2012

Seems Forever!


Seems forever since I posted a note about gardening.  With the two dozen family members here, I've been busy!  I tried to use a lot of garden produce at the cookout.  Since tomatoes were a big item in my garden, they were a recipe focal point.


It was cold, very windy and rained.  That was a call for a huge cooker of chili; the perfect recipient of tomatoes.  I included bell and banana peppers, onions, garlic, basil, pumpkin (to make it rich and thick), chicken stock, sage sausage, hamburger, chili pepper, La Chinata smoked paprika, salt and pepper.  Served with cheese and crackers.  Oh, yeah!










                                        
Add to that a dish of my tomato/veggie salsa and corn chips and a dish of fresh sliced tomatoes.  My kids brought carrot cake, potato soup and macaroni salad.  We had deviled eggs, a strawberry tort, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies with brown sugar icing, chips and dip, veggie tray and dip, fresh apple crisp (still warm from our neighbor's oven) and other things that I can't recall because I'm still full.  For the brave, we had a bonfire with hot dogs and marshmallows.

Soooooo, that's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it!  The photos today are from around the house.  Hope you enjoy fall on our hill.
      
A walk in our woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment