Friday, February 8, 2019

Happy Talk



I know I've sung the song from the movie South Pacific in other writings, but I tend to sing it whenever I'm writing about a pretty flower.  I'm happy talking about Gladiolus aka Glads today.

The folks from the Friends of Old Bulbs Gazette at Old House Gardens, had several new articles about Gladiolus and I again was singing my happy song.

If you're only familiar with big box glads or ones from the florist, you're in for a treat when seeing some of these older varieties in all their amazing colors and patterns.

These pictures are from their catalog and prepare to be amazed:

Rarest "Green Lace" 1961
Rarest "Star Face" 1960
"Atom" 1946
"Wine and Roses" 1976
I'm not a commercial for Old House Gardens, but, their newsletter, plants and "reason for being" are commendable.  Take a look at their latest newsletter and you'll be singing happy talk, too.

NOTE:  If you want to know more about Gladiolus, see my article #437 written in 2012.  

NOTE #2:  Sorry if the formatting is odd today.  Google is eliminating and changing some of their blog widgets.  Reviews say it's been a messy process.  I had to simply delete some of this just to get it to work.  Maybe Google is caught up in their own polar vortex.    

No comments:

Post a Comment