Thursday, July 25, 2013

Family Daylilies

"Lunar Max" for grandson, Max.
Very substantial and long bloom time.
"Bryan Paul" covers two relatives:  
My husband's grandfather, 
Papa Bryan, and son-in-law, Paul.
The Bible has so many references to gardening and plants I'm never at a loss for scripture that includes something relevant going on in my yard and life.  

"Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; but I tell you, not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass in the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, how much more will He clothe you?"
Luke 12:27-28 NASB

"Dublin Elaine" a double for 
granddaughter, Kaydence Elaina"
This one is dainty and sweet.


Here are a few of my favorite lilies representing family in the "family plot.  Certainly they are clothed in the most beautiful way and every day when I remove the spent blooms and admire their perfection, my thoughts linger on their namesakes.

"Bradley Hardy" for our grandson Bradley.
 This deep true gold is really hardy as is our grandson.
"Carmine Monarch" is for daughter, Carmin.  You will begin
 to notice I use poetic license when matching names with family.

"Donnie Delight" for grandson, Don.
"Dad's Best White" for my dad, Ward.  This does two things:
 shows off the bright colors of other daylilies
and always makes a beautiful picture.
If this wasn't named after my
two daughter-in-laws, I would still love it.
"Jean Swan" for  Marla
and Julie (both middle names are Jean.)

"Jerome" is for my husband.  It's one
of those golds touched with orange.
A re curved "Katisue", my first family
daylily for granddaughter, Katie Sue.








More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment