Friday, September 10, 2010

Yin and Yang

This is a painting of my grandparents farm home.



Positive vs. negative. Yin vs. Yang. Uplifting vs. spirit crushing. I’m talking about BLOGS. There’s something out there for everyone and some out there that shouldn't’t be for anyone.

Because I choose to write a garden BLOG, I often find it interesting to read other BLOGS. I enjoy gardening, food, and travel ones. Once in awhile I enjoy a good humorous BLOG.

BLOGs allow the reader to experience the world through the Blogger’s eyes. I find it allows me to be places I may never have the opportunity on my own. On the flip side, it allows me to know what I never want to experience.

I’ve also found there are a lot more people out there that walk on the other side of sane (at least sane by my definition.) While I respect the right for each person to express their own individuality and personality, I also respect each person’s right to not embrace or want to read about each individuality and personality. We call that “delete.”

BLOGS come in all topics by all levels of expertise. Google your interest and browse until you find one that interests.

1. I recommend clean/purge your browsing history every day you visit the Net.
2. You can occasionally enter a site that appeared innocent but isn’t. Spyware, spam, and virus protection is a must.
3. BLOGS represent every opinion on a subject (even gardening) from the far right to the far left of political, spiritual, racial, and humanitarian leanings.
4. BLOGS are opinions – everyone has one and it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s truthful, factual, or interesting.
5. If you need facts, check more than one reliable site.

The gardening and food BLOGS have many ties to each other. An example: I’m getting excited about my garden’s fresh tomatoes at the same time a food Blogger is getting excited about tomato recipes.

Bloggers often share healthy garden and food practices. We suffer together when there is a crop failure or weather related problems. We enjoy the beauty of a perfect flower as-well-as a perfect fruit or vegetable.

Many BLOGS have ties to Facebook, Twitter and Web pages.

Here are a few that you might enjoy:
· http://www.carolsvikinglife.com/
· http://www.davesgarden.com/
· http://www.wqad.com/ (go to weather - to Blogs - to Anthony Peoples Weather Or Not)
· http://www.digindirt.com/
· http://www.foodblogs.com/
· http://www.americangardenhistory.blogspot.com/
· www.delish.com/food/best-of-food-blogs

Sane BLOGs may be published for family communication, as a part of employment, to market, a hobby or passion and for the love of writing. Not so sane BLOGS may simply be for destruction, intimidation, cruelty, or just to be mean spirited. Both get the job done by spreading information and photographs to the masses. Choose wisely what you allow in your mind.

As for me, I choose those BLOGs that uplift, inform and have good photographs. I’ve grown to rather like that one by Diane What’s-Her-Name out by Bishop Hill. Check it out, you might too!

“There are philosophies as varied as the flowers of the field, and some of them weeds and a few of them poisonous weeds. But they none of them create the psychological conditions in which I first saw, or desired to see, the flower.” G. K. Chesterton

No comments:

Post a Comment