This stunning photo courtesy of Distinctive Gardens, Dixon, IL
The Henry County Soil and Water Conservation District is offering rain barrels for sale - various sizes and prices. Call 309-927-5263.
Bishop Hill Arts Council is hosting some garden things this year: April 2 & 3 will be "Welcome Spring to Bishop Hill" they're hoping for Jeff Johnson of Sunnyfield Greenhouse to speak. Discussing a spring plant sale and some other interesting exhibits - both visual and musical. Contact any of the following for the schedule, information or to become a BHAC member: Jeff Goard at the B.H. Pottery, Linda Spring at the Filling Station or Beth Magnuson at Windy Corner.
The Chicago Flower Show at Navy Pier will be March 5 - 13, 2011 (Monday - Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. and Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m) Call the Henry Stark County Extension office if you'd like to go by bus.
Quad City Flower and Garden Show at the QCCA Expo Center is March 25-27, 2011 (Friday March 25th 10am - 8pm ~ Saturday March 26th 10am - 8pm ~ Sunday March 27th 10am - 4pm)
Green View Companies, Dunlap, IL is this year's floral partner for Macy's Flower Show® in Chicago . The 2009 Macy's Flower Show, themed Dream In Color, will bloom at Macy's on State Street from Sunday, April 5 - Sunday, April 19, 2009.
The Chicago Botanic Gardens offers a full array of events http://www.chicagobotanic.org/ for more information on the following:
- Northern Illinois Gesneriad Society Show & Sale ~ March 19 & 20, 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Illinois Orchid Society Spring Show & Sale ~ March 26, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. ~ March 27, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Ikebana International Show ~ April 2 & 3, 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Midwest Fruit Explorers Grafting Workshop ~ April 3, 1 – 4 p.m.
- Midwest Daffodil Society Show ~ April 30, noon – 4:30 p.m. ~ May 1, 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Glenview/Northshore African Violet Society Show & Sale ~ May 6 & 7, 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Central States Dahlia Society Sale ~ May 6 & 7, 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- American Rhododendron Society Show & Sale ~ May 7 & 8, 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Midwest Bonsai Society Spring Show & Sale ~ May 21 & 22, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Northshore Iris & Daylily Society Iris Show & Sale ~ May 28, noon–4:30 p.m. ~ May 29, 10 a.m–4:30 p
- Northern Illinois Hosta Society Show & Sale ~ June 4 & 5, 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Show of Summer ~ June 11 & 12, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. (Six Chicago-area garden clubs affiliated with the Garden Club of America (GCA) present the competitive exhibition.)
- Bromeliad Society of Greater Chicago Show & Sale ~ June 18 & 19, 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Indiana Flower and Patio Show, State Fair Grounds, Indianapolis IN ~ March 12-20, 2011
Indianapolis Home & Flower Show, Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis IN ~ March 4-6, 2011
Iowa Flower, Lawn and Garden Show, State Fair Grounds, DesMoines IA ~ March 18-20, 2011
Iowa/Nebraska Siouxland Garden Show, Marina Center in South Sioux City, NB ~ March 18 & 19, 2011
KQ2 Spring Home, Flower, Lawn & Garden Expo, St. Joseph Civic Arena, St. Joseph MO ~ February 18-20, 2011
Tentatively: The Galva Arts Council is planning to bring back their Garden Walk in 2012. Please let Nancy Anderson know if you are interested in having your garden be a part of this worthy fund raiser. Large or small gardens, Galva, Bishop Hill or rural gardens, AND you have a full year to plan. This is always a great event and filled with a vast variety of gardens. Please consider participating.
Patch of summer flowers - not too far away!