Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Fickle Finger of Fate Isn't Green

Edit Image: 01-22-2010. The pink orchid pictures were sent to me by a friend who lives in Florida. He said he had the plant for awhile before it bloomed with no "orchid green thumb" from him. At any rate, it's a beautiful plant.


I don't know if you've noticed, but, I don't often talk about indoor plants. It's because it's not something I enjoy doing and I have little success.


I don't believe it's lack of capabilities, it's more like lack of ambition. Even though I find the routine of caring for houseplants b o r i n g, I do enjoy the beauty of other people's houseplants.


Right now I have an amaryllis and poinsettia blooming and looking beautiful - soon, very soon, they will be toast. The kind of plant toast caused by "oh my it's been two months since I last watered" kinda toast.


I've had "takes no care" to "takes expert care." No matter, both die of neglect.


For the many of you who do enjoy nurturing houseplants, there's an "Orchid Event" Saturday February 6 at Green View Nursery.


If you currently have orchids, want to have orchids, or just like to learn something new, this should be a good seminar. It's free but they want reservations - Call: 309 243 7761.


And, when you have orchid successes, take a picture and send it to me. Let me live in the vicarious houseplant world through you.

No comments:

Post a Comment